Friday, March 15, 2013

Barbershop

Aside from bathing and changing another challenge regarding personal hygiene is cutting Jagger's hair. He doesn't have head control and constantly moves. We cannot (and don't want to) take him somewhere to get his hair cut so this is another skill I have to learn. I don't know anything about cutting hair but decided to at least buy a real hair cutting scissor. Not sure it really makes a difference because according to Sebastien I butcher his hair every time. Oh well I never claimed to be a hairstylist and the good thing about hair: it grows back!!

Let's just say my latest attempt was pretty unsuccessful. I used his wheelchair to prop him up but by doing so I was only able to cut about 1/3 of his hair. He now had a mullet as I can't reach the back and the front is a bit crooked as he kept turning his head.

Considering the difficulty we are having cutting his hair I can't imagine what we would do regarding his teeth. I hope he never has to go to a dentist because they would have to sedate him for sure and we cannot do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment