Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sneak peek

Thanks to the tiny sparrow foundation (www.tinysparrowfoundation.org) and our photographer Catherine and her wonderful assistant from Mylife Photography we had our first ever family photo shoot. We wanted it to be as natural as possible so decided to do most of the shoot in our bed. After all that is where we spend the majority of our time with Jaggy. I do have to thank another mito family for the inspiration. Autumn is a little girl with Leigh's disease just like Jagger. A few months ago Sebastien showed me pictures of a beautiful photo shoot of Autumn and her mommy in a white dreamlike bed. I was inspired and said I want something like that with Jagger but it will have to be in our home.
The other inspiration came from the Beatles. Their music video to the song "Give Peace a Chance" was filmed in bed. No fancy gimmicks. A simple bed with white sheets. When I was little and saw this video it stuck with me until today. It was so simple but genius.
The challenge now was to make our bed look decent enough for a photo. Shoot. I think with Catherine's artistic eye (and some photoshop) we were able to capture several beautiful lasting images of Jagger and us. And thanks to Sebastien's master skills with the iron we had mostly wrinkle free sheets:).
--A little side note: labor division in this household is based on skill and not gender. When we merged households Sebastien brought most cooking supplies and the iron. I provided African art;) and tools such as power drill, hammer wrench etc. To this day Sebastien doesn't like me using his iron and I don't like it if he uses my power drill.--

Here is one of the images of us and Jagger as a small preview. Will post more once everything is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment