Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Amelia

I will post a Jagger update next, but first, I wanted to make sure everyone that read this blog is aware of what is going on with this poor little girl.

It makes me so sad when my friend Shannon shared that story with me, and as she put it, the Special Needs kid community is very resilient and so strong, so this story has actually gain national coverage over the last few days and I hope we can all make a difference in this little girl life.

I know there is nothing more we can do about Jagger condition and we just have to let it take it courses and make him as comfortable as possible, but that little girl could actually have a  life if she get that transplant and for the hospital to refuse the transplant because she is "mentally retarded" as they put it, is not only unfair but should be illegal.
Where is this society going if a child is treated differently because of the color of their skins, their religious background or their mental state?
We cannot stand for this!
Please read the story below and if you want sign the petition

http://www.wolfhirschhorn.org/2012/01/amelia/brick-walls/comment-page-1/#comment-2092

http://www.change.org/petitions/director-of-public-relations-allow-the-kidney-transplant-amelia-rivera-needs-to-survive

No comments:

Post a Comment