Thursday, November 17, 2011

If you don't take this tube out I will ( Hospital Stay Day 6, ICU Day 3)

I was able to get some sleep in the sleep room last night, not great sleep like in a hotel or at home, but sleep never less.
Morning was pretty uneventful (which is good in the ICU), they talked about getting him off the ventilator but since we decided to have a port placed in him tomorrow (so we never have to look for an IV access ever again) they decided to keep him intubated until after the surgery. Annett went home in the afternoon, as I wanted to make sure she is there to received a package I had sent for her birthday. I ordered some Hawaiian flowers from the Big Island and they arrived this morning and were waiting on the front door for her.
While Annett was away and I was sitting in the room and I heard some strange "wind" like noise and I look up, Jagger was very agitated and all machines were beeping like crazy, so I went to the bed and saw the tube moving so I held it and the nurse came right away and told me he was just coughing, but unfortunately, he was more than coughing, while sedated on with hand restraints he somehow got the tube out of his mouth. So the nurse tool it out completely and gave him a little oxygen, but he was getting very agitated and he did like he did Monday, got very upset and stop breathing, so next thing I know, there are 10 people in our room and the Dr. Ka asked me to go wait in the waiting room, they are to re-intubate him as he was struggling to breath on his own.
Dr. Ka came get me abotu 30 minutes later and everything was back to "normal", Jagger was back on the ventilator and under heavy sedation.
Later, Dr. K (our Neuro) came by to discuss the result of the MRI, white matter was growing, which mean his brain was developing, however they found some "spot" in the basal ganglia which explained his movement disorder and the fact that Jagger does not control his hand/arm movement at all.
we will discuss the findings in more details tomorrow during our meeting.
The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. Tonight, Annett will go to the sleep room and try to get rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment