Monday, September 10, 2012

Sleeping on a bed of pillows...literally


Despite this being a last minute trip, so far I don't think I forgot anything except for my german crossword puzzle. Well I figured I won't have time since I still have work to do and early conference calls pretty much every day.

I did bring almost everything except for the kitchen sink:) : meds, supplies plus extra, laundry detergent and Oxyclean, washable pads and extra sheets for the bed in case he pees (could have left sheets at home as I brought queen and we have a king at the hotel), bottle brush and dish soap, extension cord with multiple plugs as there are never enough outlets. I even brought Otto, the star projecting dog and his tools for his stroller. Thankfully I brought the tools because several settings shifted and needed to be adjusted.

(side note: I don't obsess about a lot except when it comes to Jaggy. Especially his peg tube and his chair. I hate other people touching or messing with his tube and I hate when things are not symmetrical, especially his chair. There are so many pieces that move it is almost impossible to have everything match or straight. Anyway thankfully after calling the manufacturer they sent me the proper tools so I can adjust the chair myself which I do constantly.

So despite having thought of almost everything, I did not bring a bed wedge. Although the pillows here are nice and fluffy, they are too soft and collapse when you put your head on them. The reason why Jaggy boo was agitated till 3 am because daddy couldn't get comfy. Everything was too flat (our bed at home has an adjustable base) and Jaggy kept sliding off the mountain of pillows. I on the other hand loved it. It has been a year since I slept on a flat bed. I miss it more than anything and suffer from severe back pain every day bc of the incline. Sacrifices we make:)

After a restless night for Sebastien, an ok night for Jaggy, and a blissful 4 hours of sleep for me, I called the front desk in the morning asking if I can get pillows or something else to put under the mattress to lift the head portion. An hour later I had 8 more pillows and voila. Problem solved! (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment